Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Green Thoughts for Green Backs

My business is still operating because early 2008 a national nonprofit involved in healthcare improvement approached me to do community outreach within the five boroughs. By late 2009 we executed a three-year contract.

Prior to that connection, I got certified as MBE for NYC, NYS and the Port Authority of NY & NJ. I also registered with many NYC agencies' vendor online procurement systems; e.g., Dept of Education and NYC Housing Authority. Doing these things keep RFPs and Bid notices arriving in my email.

I maintain my Web site; however, I must step up advertising in professional magazines and event journals.

I recently signed with an e-newsletter service. This has kinks in it but keeping a presence is important.

To keep my name in the public and keep my mind organized and sharpened, I write for the NY Amsterdam News.

What is key for every entrpreneur is to learn about green economy opportunities. Will installing solar panels, full spectrum light bulbs, conducting energy audits, promoting earth-friendly cleaners and paints be where your business has to move into? Will you coordinate a panel discussion, do a newsletter, or host a workshop on health & beauty using fruit- and vegetable-based products to stay alive and thriving?

Reinvention, modification and morphing are words that have to do with environmental adaptation. The smart survive. The great ape is mighty and she is smart enough to live in the mountains, eating the vegetation and away from humans.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At November 7, 2009 at 12:38 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At November 22, 2009 at 1:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At November 27, 2009 at 2:34 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home